Dress Down: I Wanna Break Free!

Not that I put own self in a limelight, but I could personally say that I have been a power dresser in my office ever since I called myself an employee. Early on with my career, I was too engrossed with full, three piece suits that I would not mind pouring in a big slice of my teeny weeny pay (back then) to these powerful pieces (hello The Blackshop!).

I don't know about you but my mantra has always been this: your image is as equally important as your skills. Corporate jungle is not all about knowing the technicalities, but also knowing how to carry yourself. Believe me, it works.

Work is a battlefield. And power dressing is my staple weapon. And my killer shoes.

But wait, why am I even rambling about all these corporate cultures when what I have in this post is this?


This is a rare sight of me giving in to the flattest of all flats shoes - all the more, sneakers. To date, I have only worn this thrice from the time it arrived from the US (and that was like last year!). Clearly, I am not a fan of these types of shoes but one weekend, I was determined to wear them.

I guess it is an innate nature of me to sometimes just break the rule. Or break the monotony. I am easily bored that is why maybe I don't perform well on routinary jobs. I love to keep up with changing times and again, breaking some rules (sometimes).

In this case, the standard rule was to wear killer heels.

But as they say: sometimes, I want break free!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How do you survive?

Work Wear: Flip Top

Work Wear: Changing Times